Monday, September 10, 2012

A bit new...

Hey everyone and welcome to my first ever blog! I'm new at this and not sure exactly how this works so you must bare with me while i figure this out.

The wonderful Misadventures of the Smiths is the perfect title for us. We always run into a problem  or two (or curse) but we stick together as a family to get through it. what has torn most families apart keeps us together.

A little bit about me.....
I'm Maggie. I'm not quite 30 yet....i have one more year until that happens to me but i have been told that it's the best decade of your life. I have a loving, hardworking husband, Thomas. He is the best husband a woman can ask for. We have 2 beautiful children, Malcolm and Inara, and a fur baby as well. A basset hound named Ginger. We have a full house here in Georgia and I love every minute of it.

                                                     Malcolm and Inara....The Names..
Inara Olivia
Malcolm Montgomery

Our babies!! most common question when non-geek people hear their names is "where did you come up with those names?" Probably something that you are asking yourself. We love the show firefly. (there was a movie called serenity) Malcolm is the captain of serenity. he is a very no-nonsense, tough fighter yet a real sweetheart (played by Nathan Fillion). We liked that name so hence why we named Malcolm..well Malcolm. as for Inara. in the show she has an unusual career choice (I'll let you look that one up) but she is a strong woman and doesn't take crap from anyone. it's also a name from mythology. Inara was a goddess that protected wild animals (except dragons which she slayed). So we chose Inara. it's a beautiful sounding name.
"why didn't you name them after someone in your families?" is usually question number 2 if the person has not walked away. well we had both sides wanting certain names and we could not satisfy anyone and if we picked one someone else would be upset so we choose 2 very different names. Simple, right?

Ginger....
Ginger is a rescue dog that we got from BROOD (basset rescue of old dominion). she was breed for bucks then dumped. BROOD picked her up and saved her from death row and fixed her up and now we have her. she is a very very very lazy dog. the most stressful thing she does is sleep in the son all day then get a drink, maybe a bight to eat, then off to bed. and when i say bed i mean our bed. not hers. She's mainly a daddy's girl though she does love when i feed her and snuggle her. i guess I'm her back up when daddy's not home

Ginger
Well that's the intros...i hope that you enjoy this blog. any even if no one reads it it will be good therapy for me to write and rant when needed (i will let you know when i write a rant so you can skip it if you want to).

So long friends. I'm not sure when i will post things but I'm sure that i will put it on Facebook when it gets updated:)

Maggie

1 comment:

  1. I have been thinking about this but not sure I want to deal with it. you are braver than I!
    mom

    ReplyDelete